Gerry and husband Al first moved to Friendswood in 1954, when the population of the town was only about 700 residents. They physically built their own house on an acre of land on Melody Lane, along Mary’s Creek. They raised their 4 children in Friendswood and lived in numerous houses that Al built for his new developments.
Gerry obtained her Real Estate Salesman license and joined O’Farrell Realty in 1970. Working side-by-side with Al, Gerry was a vital part of the day-to-day operations of the company. She became a Real Estate Broker in 1981. Shortly thereafter, Gerry followed her life-long dream of going to college. She attended University of Houston Clear Lake and concentrated her efforts on earning her Bachelor’s degree in Business and Master’s degree in Psychology. Gerry then went back to her work at O’Farrell Realty in 1989 where she has been ever since.
Gerry is blessed with her 4 children, 12 grandchildren, and 3 great grandchildren. She enjoys time with her family and taking pictures for her photo albums. Gerry’s enthusiasm and strong work ethic continue to be an important part of the O’Farrell Realty Team.